All photographs on this blog were taken by me and are my copyright. Please don't download or copy them without my permission.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lasts and Firsts

Jason (my boyfriend) and I went out last night for drinks with some of our favourite people. "One last time before you go away," they said. Over the past few weeks I've heard a lot of that, and this week coming up is going to be full of lasts:
  • last lunch out with my coworkers (also last sushi at the Lighthouse)
  • last Spudnut day (pout)
  • last night at home in my own bed
  • last shifts at my 2 jobs
  • last snuggles with Jason and Samson (our bunny)
  • last Brownie meeting
  • last coffees with friends
  • last Sunday dinner with the family
But I need to realize that I WILL be back (if not for almost 5 months), and things will pick up right where I left them. That's the wonderful thing about friendships; you can kind of pause them over time and come back to where you left off. This new chapter of my life will be amazing and full of firsts!
  • first day of speaking nothing but french
  • first visit to a real café
  • first trip to Paris (and many other wonderful places)
  • first time cross-country skiing (in the Alps, glee!)
  • first time meeting new friends
  • first airplane ride all by myself (I feel like I should wear one of those tags around my neck: "If found, please call...")
  • first train ride
  • first camping trip abroad
  • first day of school in a new university
  • first encounters with foreign authorities (eep)
... and many other things I can't even imagine right now. Some of those first will be wonderful, and some will be terrifying, but all will make for wonderful stories that I can't wait to share. Only 6 sleeps left.

À bientôt!

2 comments:

  1. Awe Mandy, this is so lovely! Wewill have to compare some of our firsts. I have definitely had way more then I thought I would at this point. Just a little fun one, first time being in a toilet room and using pink toilet paper :D Cant wait to see you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Mandy, I look forward to following your blog, you'll do amazing. Have the time of your life,share your stories with us.You may even get the travel bug ;-)

    ReplyDelete