All photographs on this blog were taken by me and are my copyright. Please don't download or copy them without my permission.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Dans ma chambre

I finally woke up and decided to look around a bit. Here are some pictures of my room and the view from my window. I'll be posting a video tour of the house later. I was going to do it today, but Mathilde is home sick and I don't want to make too much noise. She needs some sleep.


This is the view from my window, looking off to the right. My directions are all messed up, but I think this is North. 


If the last picture was North, This one is West. The street slopes very steeply (say that 3 times fast), which will make for an excellent challenge walking (or biking) home from school every day. 


This is directly below my window. Our patio. Adorable. 


The "steps" down into the back garden. Railway ties. 


Looking back and down into the ravine behind the house. There were some men back there with a campfire lit. They were keeping points for some game I couldn't see. I love the little stone wall. 


My little room at the top of the stairs. It's an intensely old house, and Frédéric and Mathilde are renovating everything. My room is sparse, but soon I'll have a desk to work at. That's really all I need. 


My shelf and window. The smell of the pine in the shelf is incredibly comforting when I come in here. 


My bed. Apparently it used to belong to Frédéric's mom before she passed away. It's pretty comfy, but quite small. I rolled over last night and nearly fell off. I need to get used to sleeping in a twin bed again. It's also quite short. My toes hang off the end, but it's super warm. You can't really see the pillow, but it's like a body pillow, only smaller. We moved this into this room last night because this room has more sun than the one the bed was in. I feel bad that they moved it (they had to completely disassemble it to move it), but I'm glad they did. My room is very comfortable, and the view is incredible. 


My incredibly cute light and blue doorframe. The door is the same colour. 

The internet here is very touchy. I'm impressed that I've gotten as much use out of it as I have. There's a router downstairs, but it only serves to send a signal to a device that plugs into the wall, which has a cable that I plug into my laptop. So in a way it's wireless in the house, but I'm still stuck next to an outlet. I'll take a video tour later with my camera, and post it here when I can. 

Thanks for all your support and messages, everyone! The trip was rough and stressful, but it's great to know that you all care enough to make sure I got here safe. Thank you. 

À bientôt!

5 comments:

  1. Mandy, I'm certain that only your excitement is greater than mine for you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safe and sound. Hope your luggage arrives shortly. Absolutely love, love, love your updates.
    Take Care, Auntie Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I finally figured out how to follow your blog! Love your updates and all the pictures! Hope you are having a fantastic time already!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so delighted that you are sharing this experience with us. I admire your adventurous spirit and your thoughtful words. Merci Beaucoup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy, looks like I'm going to be perpetually jealous of you for the next five months... Enjoy every second of it; I'm living vicariously through you right now! :) - Mel

    ReplyDelete