All photographs on this blog were taken by me and are my copyright. Please don't download or copy them without my permission.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Market Day!!

Got up obscenely early this morning to go to market. This wasn't too bad, though, because I got to chat with Jason before he went to bed. I love you, handsome man.

We actually got to market before a lot of the outside vendors had set up, but as I was wandering around there were more and more tables opening up.


Chairs for sale next to pansies and fruit. 


Just yesterday, all this space was a parking lot. 


Random clothes for sale. Mom would love this. 


Guys unloading mattresses for sale. Strange, but the prices were ok. For sketchy street sale mattresses. 


Beautiful little potted flowers. 


Wallpaper...


Kind of neat Arabic/costume/other clothing. 


Tables full of books. 


Jeans and shirts, children's clothing, etc. 


(Cheezy TV commercial announcer voice) Flowers, boots, mattresses... the Dijon market has it all! 


The best yogourt in the world. Seriously. The label on this one says myrtilles, or blueberry. I didn't have a spoon, so I drank a bit, then bent the lid into a kind of scoop to eat some more, and then licked the rest off my fingers. It was glorious, but not one of my prettier moments. 


This is me making bread last night under Mathilde's close watch. Nothing is measured.


I was worried that I would over/under mix it and ruin it. This is why I love my bread machine. No guessing. Put ingredients into pan, put pan in machine, push buttons, and wait for it to beep. Then enjoy tasty warm bread. Easy. But this was super cool. 


I put all the dough into 2 pans, and left them overnight to rise. Mathilde threw them into the oven yesterday morning before I got up. They were delicious. We ate one yesterday, and the other will probably be gone before the end of today. Mathilde says that now I can do it all by myself. I'm less confident, but I'll try. 

Thank goodness today is Friday. It's been a long week. I have Grammar this morning (yuck), and this afternoon I have 2 options. Literature and Politics. I'm going to try them both, but I'm guessing Politics probably won't be where I want to stay. We'll see. I may leave at the break (if there is one). 

We left the house before I could get any coffee into me, and I'm exhausted. I'm going to go find something to wake me up. 

À bientôt!

p.s. I just realized that I forgot to buy a basket today. Merde. Looks like I'm going back tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. We just talked about your basket yesterday!!! I can see why you forgot, there is so much to see and do. At least you have good reason to go back tomorrow...like you would need a reason. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mattress thing is so weird!! who buys a mattress at a farmers market lol are they new or old? Either way its just strange! I'm SO jealous that you get to go to market and sort through all kinds of cool stuff! (especially the clothes!) Are you doing anything exciting this weekend!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... so much to do & so little time!
    All too soon you'll be looking back, longingly, wishing you were still there.
    Living & learning, forging ahead, seeing what's around the next corner.
    That's what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right Mandy .... I would absolutley love this market. So many vendors and so little time. This would take me all day to go through here, but wishing I could try! Thanks so much for thinking of me :o)
    Love you Lots ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete