All photographs on this blog were taken by me and are my copyright. Please don't download or copy them without my permission.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Scout Weekend 2

Last weekend was good.

I spent the weekend with the Scouts. We stayed overnight in the church where we normally meet. It was the end of vacation for the kids, and a lot of families were still away, so we didn't have a lot of kids. What was kind of cool, though, is that a group from Chalon came to hang out with us for the weekend. We had 8 cubs and 4 leaders. Not bad. The weather was gorgeous, and we had lots of opportunities to get out and play outside.


This is Manon and Anaïs from Chalon. We played a kind of baseball Sunday morning. There were 5 bases, and we played with flat bats (kind of like cricket bats). A good time was had by all. 


Except maybe this guy. He had a heck of a time hitting the ball! 


Deep in thought. This game was excellent, and exhausting. I must remember it for my Brownies!


Waiting for someone to hit the ball. The day was beautiful!


Manon and I dressed up as Little John and George, respectively. Manon was fabulous as Little John. I was the referee for the game. We had a blast. The story for the weekend went that Robin Hood had been captured, and was being held in Prince John's castle. The kids infiltrated Prince John's army to find out where he was being held. After that, Little John trained them up to sneak in to the castle to rescue Robin Hood (that was the reason behind the baseball game). After lunch Sunday, George and Little John took the kids on a mission to break into the castle. There was a monster to be avoided, guards to sneak past, and keys to find. At the end, the "recruits" found Robin Hood! We all had a snack together to celebrate. 


Mathilde and Manon. Mathilde is one of the leaders with the group in Dijon. She played the part of Maid Marion this weekend. The kids totally got into it. Fabulous. 


Maid Marion, Robin Hood, and some of the "recruits" that saved the day! The costumes were pretty wonderful. We all had a blast. Karen and Tanis, I'm definitely taking notes to bring back. We're having so much fun here! 


In other news, I got a care package today! It was sitting on my desk when I got home from school. I was like a kid at Christmas. Clockwise from the left: ice wine for Frédéric and Mathilde, Tim Horton's coffee (to make "jus de chausettes," or sock juice, as the French call it), adorable stuffed bunny, muffin cups (I'm going to make my famous cheddar muffins for Frédéric and Mathilde), Bath & Bodyworks hand sanitizer, and baking soda and baking powder to make muffins. I haven't found any such creature here. All they seem to have is "baking yeast". I'm sure it's a mixture of baking powder and baking soda, but I can't figure it out. Mom, thanks for labelling the bags! That could have been interesting at Customs... 

That's it for me thus far. I'm not up to anything special this coming weekend, but next weekend is my tour of the castles of the Loire Valley! I'm very excited. Homework is piling up, so it's good that I have some time to get caught up. 

Bonjour to Mathilde's uncle in the United States! It's really neat that this little blog is growing the way it is. As always, thanks for checking in on me and my little adventures. I love each and every comment, email, and Skype conversation. Thanks for your support, everyone. 

À bientôt!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your "care" package! I had fun getting it together to send to you. Always nice to get a package from home! Your weekend looks like everyone had a great time.
    Love you Lots ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom told me about the care package last night. I knew she was sending powder and soda but I though she would just send a container of each, it's hilarious that she sent them in baggies. I don't think the customs officers would have seen the humor.
    Nice that you got a little bit of home with the bunny and Timmy's coffee. FYI...I'm 1 for 1 on Roll up the Rim.
    Have fun this weekend and I expect to see lots of castle pictures.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Sharon, you suck. I ALWAYS get hosed on Roll up the Rim! :)

    ReplyDelete