All photographs on this blog were taken by me and are my copyright. Please don't download or copy them without my permission.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh. My. Gosh.

Saw this on the bus today and nearly died.



Totally doing that. It's the same weekend that Breanne and I are going to Strasbourg, so I can only go the Friday. But even that will be excellent. Click here to check it out. 'Twill be supacool.

This city is constantly surprising me. I've been here for over a month now, and I still gawk at things like a tourist. Downtown is gorgeous and colourful. The cobblestones everywhere are charming, if occasionally hazardous. The people here are friendly and helpful (for the most part), and the weather is getting pretty fantastic. I saw this in a store window the other day:



The masks are chocolate. Beautiful, delicate, and edible. Last week was Mardi Gras and Carnival, so a lot of store windows are dressed up very pretty.

I'm finding that a lot of things that I enjoy from Canada are really hard to get a hold of here. Coffee, beef, and cheddar cheese are on the top of the list. But I never thought something as simple as peanut butter would be such an ordeal!

Bronwyn was eating a peanut butter sandwich a couple weeks ago and I thought, "man, a peanut butter and banana sandwich would be pretty excellent!" So I started looking for peanut butter. No luck. I looked in the bigger stores, the smaller ones, even at the market. Nothing. I was starting to get upset, but I kept thinking, "Bronwyn has peanut butter. Why can't I find it?" So I kept looking. That sandwich was starting to bug me. Finally, this afternoon, I found some in a store by the school. Heaven in a jar.



This tiny thing was 3 €. Crazy! The crunchy kind was 5 €. It was in the "Breakfast" aisle, next to the Nutella. I almost got some of that too, but I really needed my PB fix. I'm not too proud to tell you that I promptly got out my yogourt spoon and ate some on the walk back to the school. Tomorrow is PB and banana sandwich for lunch. Victory has never tasted so sweet.

This week is going to be crazy. I only have 3 days of class, but I have 2 presentations, a paper, and a huge exam. I'm stressed to the limit, but this coming weekend is my tour of the castles of the Loire Valley. If I survive the week, this weekend will be wonderful.

I should really get going on some school work.

À bientôt!

1 comment:

  1. PB and banana sandwiches are pretty good, but PB and chocolate is EXCELLENT!! Funny how the little things in life make us happy!
    Love & Hugs,
    Aunt Patty

    ReplyDelete